Video of massive blast aftermath at Cyprus naval base (07-11-2011)

(RT)   Cyprus’s government spokesman says the country’s defense minister and the head of the National Guard have resigned over a deadly explosion at a naval base that killed 12 people and injured more than 60. Monday’s explosion at the National Guard’s Evangelos Florakis Naval Base on the Mediterranean island’s southern coast occurred when a brush fire set off containers of gunpowder that had been confiscated from a ship two years
ago. Government spokesman Stefanos Stefanou said Defense Minister Costas Papacostas resigned, as did the National Guard Chief, Petros Tsalikides. He said investigators have ruled out sabotage. The blast — described as a disaster of “biblical proportions” — has also knocked out the island’s largest electricity station, causing widespread power cuts.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzascfCNK_k

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show some support!

We are 100% Listener & User supported!! Every little bit helps us continue. Donations help fund the site and keep all the free information on it. Thanks in advance and KEEP UP THE FIGHT!!!

Visitor Map

Subscribe For New Posts & Updates

Enter your email address to subscribe to FederalJack and Popeyeradio and you will receive notifications of new posts by email.

News Categories
The Wigner Effect
Col. L Fletcher Prouty: Secret Team