Peace proponent Cindy Sheehan calls all peace leaders to come sail with her aboard ‘SS
Camp Casey’ anchored in Martha’s Vineyard for a shipboard peace summit.
- (CINDY SHEEHAN) MARTHA’S VINEYARD — Peace proponent Cindy Sheehan is calling for peace movement leaders, international news ‘anchors’ and pro-peace members of the public to sail around Martha’s Vineyard, from August 27 to 29. The meetings will be aboard the grand sailing vessel dubbed the SS Camp Casey anchored in Martha’s Vineyard. Sheehan will co-captain daily excursions as she holds this seaside peace summit.
- Sheehan’s purpose is to bring leaders together to stand as an acting ‘Department of Peace’. She calls for immediate stipulations: “I am calling in the Peace Movement to encircle our country with our united demand for an immediate return of all U.S. forces around the globe. Bring every one of our troops home NOW! We need them in our families and towns. We need our troops back to help us fix our broken country. Our ships of state must make their voyage home, with our countrymen out of harm’s way.”
- Sheehan declares her plan to mobilize peace leaders to begin work with her to draft the world’s first ‘Universal Peace Treaty’: “We must stop the terrorizing of our soldiers and the world’s civilians with the imperial sword rattling of wartime administrations,” said Sheehan. “We must BE the change we wish to see in our President!”
- Sheehan demands that the Obama Administration issue a mandatory end to U.S. war policy. “The clock does not turn back with a new President.. We must return them all back here immediately. No more waiting will be tolerated. Zero acceptance for keeping our troops abroad!
- “Security begins at home with intact families,” says Sheehan. “The time of healing must begin. The true purpose of our nation is Peace on Earth, starting with the decisive end to our failed war policies.”
- To the international peace community, Sheehan says: “This is our time to finally draw an end to America’s wars. We must abide by the saying of ancient scriptures: Let peace and peace and peace be everywhere. I declare this to be our new national defense policy.”
- For information, contact:
- Laurie Dobson
- or Bruce Marshall