Fla. teacher fired after she put out a fire in the school

()   Michelle Hammack, a teacher from Arlington, Fla., was fired last week because she left her classroom to put out an oven fire. The teacher smelled smoke at the Little Temples Childcare School during her student’s naptime. Hammack left her class when she smelled something burning. “I just leaned over and peeked around and there was a fire in the oven,” Hammack said. “I ran in there and opened it to try to put it out, and the fire alarm started going off.” She told CBS Jackonville, “When I got to the third classroom by the kitchen, I could see that it was just a contained fire in the oven.” Hammack returned to her class and evacuated her children a safe distance away from the school. After her children were accounted for she ran back into the building, located a fire extinguisher and headed back to the oven fire. She extinguished and contained the fire before the fire department arrived. The owner, Olga Rozhaov, fired Hammack for leaving her children unattended while she went to track down the smoke. “I fired her only because she left her room,” said Rozhaov.


3 Responses to Fla. teacher fired after she put out a fire in the school

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show some support!

We are 100% Listener & User supported!! Every little bit helps us continue. Donations help fund the site and keep all the free information on it. Thanks in advance and KEEP UP THE FIGHT!!!

Visitor Map

Subscribe For New Posts & Updates

Enter your email address to subscribe to FederalJack and Popeyeradio and you will receive notifications of new posts by email.

News Categories
The Wigner Effect
Col. L Fletcher Prouty: Secret Team