(NDTV) One more child died today due to suspected complications following administering of Hepatitis B vaccine at a local hospital, taking the toll to four in similar cases in Karnataka in the last two days.
According to police, 45-day old baby girl Dhanya Gopal Siddi died of “serious health complications” that arose after being administered the vaccine at a primary health centre in Kalache in Uttara Kannada District.
“Samples of the vaccine are being sent to a laboratory to ascertain whether it was spurious. Meanwhile, District Health Officer has visited the PHC and is looking into the case”, police said.
Three children died yesterday following similar complications after they were administered Hepatitis B vaccination at a local hospital in Hospet in Bellary district.
(RAW STORY) Facebook ramped up efforts Friday to get rid of “Likes” that aren’t from people genuinely interested in giving a virtual thumbs up to pages at the world’s leading social network.
“We have recently increased our automated efforts to remove Likes on pages that may have been gained by means that violate our Facebook terms” of service, the Facebook security team said in a blog post.
“These newly improved automated efforts will remove those Likes gained by malware, compromised accounts, deceived users or purchased bulk Likes.”
Facebook has long given members the ability to endorse pages at the social network by clicking on “Like” icons.
High numbers of Likes can give “fan count” status to pages, particularly those dedicated to brands.
“A Like that doesn’t come from someone truly interested in connecting with a page benefits no one,” Facebook said.
“This improvement will allow pages to produce ever more relevant and interesting content, and brands will see an increase in the true engagement around their content.”
Facebook expected that less than one percent of the fan count on any given page would be trimmed as a result of the crackdown on “suspicious Likes.”
(PRISON PLANET) Contrary to today’s release of edited and seemingly innocuous footage that shows Barack Obama making a speech at Harvard in 1991 and has already been in the public domain for years, Chicago radio host Erich “Mancow” Muller told the Alex Jones Show today that his friend Andrew Breitbart had in fact planned to release information that would “destroy Barack Obama” on March 1st, hours after his untimely death.
Muller said he was speaking with Breitbart “every other day” about a TV show he had lined up on a major network on which Breitbart would make regular appearances in a segment called “Breitbart predicts”.
“The house of cards is coming down, I have information that will destroy Barack Obama, it’s over,” Muller says Breitbart told him, and that the information would be released March 1st.
“Everybody feels the same way, that this guy was murdered,” said Muller, who attended Breitbart’s funeral yesterday. Muller pointed to the fact that Breitbart’s death was explained as “natural causes” by the media within hours before any kind of cursory investigation had been conducted.
“The guy goes for a walk in the middle of the night, he’s about to launch a big website, he’s about to bring down the house of Obama, and he’s dead,” said Muller.
Muller said he asked Breitbart whether he was afraid given the fact that he was sitting on such incendiary footage, to which Breitbart responded, “a little bit”. Muller then warned him, “they’re gonna kill you, you can’t destroy Obama’s brown shirt army like Acorn.”
Muller said his family and friends were urging him to quit, fearing that Breitbart’s death is a warning shot and that Rush Limbaugh also “may be in danger”.
Edited footage of one of the tapes that had been in Breitbart’s possession before his death was leaked today, but not by the Breitbart media empire itself, who have announced the full unedited footage, which shows Obama giving a speech about race at Harvard University in 1991, will be played on Fox News’ Hannity this evening.
The edited film is by no means damning, suggesting that it is not the same footage Breitbart was referring to when he tipped off Muller that explosive revelations would arrive on March 1st.
Indeed, the footage released today has in fact been in the public domain for years, having first appeared on You Tube in 2008.
Breitbart gave speeches throughout February, notably at the CPAC conference, in which he said he had video showing Obama fraternizing with “a bunch of silver pony tails” like Bill and Bernardine Dohrn (Weather Underground members), who radicalized him.
He also told Lawrence Sinclair at an event in Washington DC on February 9th, “Wait til they see what happens March 1st.”
According to former FBI agent Larry Grathwohl, who was assigned to infiltrate the Weather Underground’s Central Committee, the group openly advocated the implementation of a Communist dictatorship inside the United States backed up by “re-education centers” for the recalcitrant and death camps for those who still refused to submit.
Given what Breitbart said both publicly and privately in the weeks before his death, it’s apparent that the footage released today is not what Breitbart had intended to release in the context of “destroying Barack Obama”. It remains to be seen whether such footage will ever see the light of day.
(PRISON PLANET) A shocking email leaked as part of the Wikileaks Stratfor data dump reveals that the Pentagon is planning to direct terror attacks and assassinations inside Syria in a bid to topple President President Bashar al-Assad.
The email, written by Reva Bhalla, Stratfor’s Director of Analysis, contains details of a December 6 Pentagon meeting attended by members of the USAF strategic studies group along with four military officers at the Lieutenant Colonel level, “including one French and one British representative.”
Bhalla was told by the military officials that, despite official claims to the contrary, foreign troops from NATO powers were already on the ground in Syria.
“After a couple hours of talking, they said without saying that SOF teams (presumably from US, UK, France, Jordan, Turkey) are already on the ground focused on recce [reconnaissance] missions and training opposition forces,” states the email.
Bhalla goes on to describe how the mission of the undercover commandos is hypothetically to “commit guerrilla attacks, assassination campaigns, try to break the back of the Alawite forces [Assad’s support base], elicit collapse from within.”
In other words, the Pentagon, along with other NATO powers, have already directed Special Forces troops stationed inside Syria to carry out terrorist attacks and assassinations in an effort to topple President President Bashar al-Assad.
The email states that such actions should be ready within a 2-3 month time period. Bhalla describes how a destabilization campaign was favorable to air strikes because unlike Libya, “Syrian air defenses are a lot more robust and are much denser.”
Some would argue that far from merely planning such attacks, the United States and other NATO powers are already using the Al-Qaeda- affiliated terrorists airlifted out of Libya into Syria to do the job for them. These terrorists have been blamed for bloody attacks that have killed both Syrian regime officials and innocent civilians, including a bombing last month in Syria’s second city of Aleppo which killed 28 people.
Footage has also emerged of western-looking troops carrying out indiscriminate attacks using rocket-propelled grenade launchers.
Carrying out terrorist attacks to destabilize governments is not a conspiracy theory, it is a widely acknowledged form of covert warfare. Only last month NBC News reported that Israel was paying terror groups to carry out bombings and assassinations in Iran in a bid to weaken the regime in Tehran.
Reports of foreign troops entering Syria have been circulating for months.
Last month Israeli intelligence outfit Debka File revealed that British Special Forces were inside Syria “operating with rebel forces under cover in the Syrian city of Homs just 162 kilometers from Damascus.”
According to the report, the foreign units are not engaging in direct combat but are acting in an advisory capacity, while also relaying requests for arms outside of the country.
According to Egyptian security officials, United States, Saudi Arabia and Jordan are also providing arms and training for Syrian rebels, dovetailing with former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds’ report that hundreds of NATO and US troops arrived on the Jordanian and Syrian border back in December for the purpose of training militants to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad.
NATO member Turkey is also reportedly arming terrorist groups to aid rebel fighters. Leaders of the Free Syria Army have also bragged about the claim that France and the United States have provided them with weapons and anti-aircraft missiles.
As we reported last week, during a BBC interview U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admitted that the United States and Al-Qaeda were on the same side when it came to achieving regime change in Syria.
Just as in Libya, where the overthrow of Gaddafi was achieved through the use of Al-Qaeda groups, NATO and the United States are once again turning to terrorists as a means of achieving their geopolitical objectives in the region.
Indeed, as we reported back in November, some of the same Al-Qaeda terrorists who fought U.S. troops in Iraq were airlifted into Syria to aid rebels. Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri’s has also publicly expressed support for Syrian rebel forces.
By C. Patience Summers http://writewingwichita.com/
David Hill is trying to keep his charity, 1Spark, able to feed the homeless once a month and has scheduled the matter for discussion at the next Wichita City Council Meeting on Tuesday, December 13th.
He’s never had an issue in his two years of service to the needy of Wichita until November 19th, when a complaint was made via a 9-11 call to Wichita P.D.
Now, he faces the daunting task of arranging for porta-potties, security and a permit from the city. The homeless who benefit from the meals, hugs and more that 1Spark shares are concerned that the charity will be stopped.
“The state has already waived their costs,” Hill said on Tuesday. “I just haven’t heard back from the city except this from the Police Department,” he shares a document listing all of the necessities for any planned event here in the City of Wichita. “It’s like five hundred, then seven hundred and I don’t know how much for security and portable toilets,” Hill shook his head.
Following a meeting with Parks and Recreation on Thursday, Hill said, “I can see why they require a permit, but I don’t think they should charge for it,” citing he knew of several other organizations that went there who did not clean up after themselves as well as 1Spark usually does.
Even if the permit fees are waived, there’s still a question of $500 having to be paid to insurance every time 1Spark goes out to feed the homeless.
Under a bridge that is close to the welfare office, John Farmer and two other homeless men gather together to keep warm as the sun goes down and the temperature drops in Wichita. His finger is bleeding from a rock he slipped on in the gravel underneath the bridge, but he’s more concerned with the pain from the way the homeless are sometimes treated here in Wichita.
An unidentified young man dressed in a security guard’s uniform crosses the street and advances toward the small group of men shouting, “Hey! I’m calling the cops, get out of here! Go on!”
Farmer has been homeless on and off for about five years here in Wichita. He speaks of David Hill’s efforts to feed the homeless, “I’m glad there’s somebody out there tryin’ to help us. It’s hard.”
Terry O’Dell, another man pulls his sleeve up and shows a red rubber bracelet with the words “One Spark Can Start A Fire” written on it. “Hugs and candy bars, man. They were all handing them out with these and it’s like someone’s thinking about us.”
“I need my birth certificate from the state to get a Vision card,” O’Dell explains the process he and some other homeless people need to go through to get their lives back in order and get assistance. “We need to eat.”
All of the men under the bridge claim David Hill as a friend, “I’d call anyone who comes out here and feeds us, hugs us and cares like that our friend,” Farmer explains.
Mayor Carl Brewer explained that he and others in City Hall were working on possible solutions, one of which might include Hill’s not needing a permit for this particular type of activity.
Mayor Brewer explained he was addressing “the need for citizens who need to eat.” He also said the issue might be in the cleanup after 1Spark feeds the homeless.
1Spark issued the following statement: “One Spark has never and will never leave trash at any location where we have fed the homeless. Every time we feed, David Hill and his volunteers pick up the trash and throw it away. After we feed we make sure and pick up all the trash in the surrounding areas and we take the trash with us. Unfortunately we are not the only group that feeds in those particular areas on Saturday’s, and we cannot control whether they pick up their trash or not. Our mission is to feed the homeless and we respect the outdoor areas that we use.”