After Olympic Involvement, Muse’s Frontman Bellamy Says He No Longer Questions 9/11
(NME) Muse‘s Matt Bellamy has revealed that he no longer thinks the terrorist attacks which were carried out on the World Trade Center on September 11 were an “inside job”.
Previously, the front-man had claimed that there was “massive evidence” to support theories that US authorities had either allowed the attacks to take place or had made them happen. In a 2006 interview with CMU, he stated: “There was a document called ‘Project For The New America Century’… which clearly says, ‘We need a Pearl Harbor-level event so we can have an excuse to invade the Middle East’.”
Speaking to the Metro, however, Bellamy said that his political views were “more nuanced now” and that he no longer believed in conspiracy theories surrounding the tragedy.
I don’t believe that any more, although there are lots of questions to be answered.
He went on to add: “I still read a lot about political history, the influence of corporations and the military, but I make sure I’m reading from credible sources. I think my political views are a bit more nuanced now.”